Wednesday 8 June 2011

DATA SUFFICIENCY : Question

Directions for questions (1 to 25) : Each item is followed by two statements, I and II Answer each question using the following instructions.


Choose 1 if the question can be answered by one of the statements alone but not by the other.

Choose 2 if the question can be answered by using either statement alone.

Choose 3 if the question can be answered by using both the statements together, but cannot be answered by using either statement alone.

Choose 4 if the question cannot be answered by either of the statements.


1. The ratio of the prices of Caliber, Chetak and Sunny is 11 : 9 : 5. What is the price of Chetak?

I. The difference in the prices of Caliber and Sunny is Rs. 24,000.

II. The price of Chetak is 80% more than that of Sunny.


2. Is A × B + C × D even, given that A, B, C and D are positive integers?

I. The product of A, B, C and D is odd.

II. A × B × C + B × C × D is even.


3. What is the value of X?

I. x² = 9.

II. x > −3.


4. Among A, B and C, who can finish the given work the fastest?

I. A works twice as fast as C.

II. C takes half the time to finish the work as B takes to finish the same work.


5. What does the shorter side of the rectangle measure?

I. The area of the maximum square that can be cut out of the rectangle is 64 cm².

II. After a square of maximum possible area is cut from the rectangle, the area of the

remaining portion of the rectangle is 32 cm².


6. What does the longer side of the rectangle measure?

I. The area of the maximum square that can be cut out of the rectangle is 64 cm².

II. After a square of maximum possible area is cut from the rectangle, the area of the

remaining portion of the rectangle is 32 cm².


7. Sumit is given a rectangle of a particular dimension. He is asked to cut the square of maximum possible area from this rectangle. What is the area of the square obtained?

I. The area of the rectangle is 50 sq. cm.

II. The perimeter of the rectangle is 30 cm.


8. How many even numbers are there between N and N + 20, where N>0 (including N and N + 20)?

I. N is an even number.

II. N is a prime number.


9. Is A × B + B × C + C × D even, given that A, b, C and D are positive Integers?

I. The product of A, B, C and D is even.

II. B + C is even.


10. What is the average age of a family consisting of five members?

I. Average age of the eldest member and the youngest member of the family is 50 years.

II. Average age of the three members excluding the eldest and youngest is 69% of the sum of

the ages of the eldest and the youngest member.


11. Is y>x ?

I. y – x is negative.

II. 3x² > 4y².


12. What is Avinash’s age?

I. Ten years hence, Avinash will be twice as old as Dilip.

II. Dilip was born 5 years ago.


13. Is P even ?

I. 5P is odd.

II. 6P is even.


14. What is the distance between Siliguri and Kolkata?

I. The distance between Siliguri and Malda is 560 kms.

II. The distance between Malda and Kolkata is 960 kms.


15. Is the L.C.M of a and b greater than the H.C.F of a and b?

I. a and b are two distinct proper fractions.

II. The L.C.M of (a, b, 12) = 48, and the H.C.F of (a, b, 12) = 12.


16. Is A, the highest paid person in the office consisting of 10 people?

I. Nobody is paid more than A.

II. 90% of the people are paid less than A.


17. Is x – y positive?

I. Four times x is two more than y.

II. x – 2y is positive.


18. Find the value of x + y.

I. x + y = xy.

II. x and y are integers.


19. In class X of a school, there are three sections – A, B and C. Is the average mark of the class more than 65?

I. The average mark of the sections A, B, and C are 40, 60, and 90 respectively.

II. Among the three sections, section A has the maximum number of students.


20. A hexagon is inscribed in a circle of radius 28 cm. Find the area of the hexagon.

I. Three sides of the hexagon are ‘a’ cm each and the remaining sides are ‘b’ cm each.

II. a and b are distinct positive integers.


Answer : Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment